Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MASS EFFECT 2. (Buy it.)

When I heard Mass Effect 2 was coming out in January, I pre-ordered it in October. I loved the first one so much, the second had to deliver. In fact, it’s better.

If you’ve never played through the first Mass Effect, you should. I do admit, it’s a slow game in the beginning, and it takes time to get your bearings, but you have to stick with it. It will be worth it, trust me. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll play it for hours. It’s basically an RPG, but with Shooter combat. You can be good, evil, or both at the same time, which really kicks ass.

For the first time in video game history (at least that I’m aware of) the choices you made in ME1 affect your game in ME2. Character that you’ve chosen to kill or keep alive will come back to haunt you in the sequel. You can start from scratch of course, but it was nice to be able to import my character from the first game.

So what makes this game so awesome? The characters. The voice actors. (Martin Sheen plays the boss in ME2). Sniper rifles. Being able to choose which things you care about, and which side missions you want to do. Being able to choose what you say to people, and who you want to bring on missions. As you gain good and evil points, you can talk your way in or out of any situation, rough people up, save them, whatever. I won’t go into any specific details because I don’t want to give anything away.

I’ve had the game for 4 days, and I’ve already logged 13 hours without even trying. It’s that intriguing. So…get yourself a 360 (also available on PC) and get to work.

Kickass Approved.

No comments:

Google